Sunday, July 13, 2008
Sorting & Cutting
I've been lost in my sewing room - it's that bad in there. Yesterday I hauled out armload after armload of fabrics and boxes and bags. I discovered the remaining pieces from the kitty quilt that I made here. I had intended to use the leftovers for a Disappearing Nine Patch top. Today after I finished folding the last of the piles, I cut out the DNP fabrics and sewed the blocks. It was so quick and easy to do that I already have another one cut out and ready to stitch. Here are the blocks randomly placed. I need to rearrange the pieces a bit to more evenly distribute the colors. I think I will use the bright green for a narrow border and then add the cat fabric. The blocks look better than the photos show, but you get the idea.
Judy Laquidara is hosting a Star BOTM on her blog that begins August 1st. I've been trying to find enough yardage to make that quilt. I have lots of fabric, but so much of it is fat quarters since scrappy quilts are my favorites. For this quilt, you need some yardage of colors in light, medium and dark. I haven't given up yet, but definitely will not buy any fabric to do this one.